Explorer - High resolution Theta Theta XRD
High resolution Multipurpose Theta Theta XRD Explorer
Explorer is a multipurpose high-resolution Theta Theta XRD analyzer.
With no limits to its applications, Explorer modular system offers high performances in all analytical areas.
- Modular and Plug & Scan design
- User can easily change the Beam geometry.
- Highest safety standards
- Reflection/transmission multi-sample holders
- Johansson focusing K-alpha 1 monochromators
- Secondary graphite monochromators
- Non-ambient experiments in reflection and transmission geometry
- High, low temperature and humidity chambers, fully software integrated
- SDD detectors for EDXRF and TXRF analysis
- Goniometer control with torque motors and optical encoders
- Radiation enclosure with high accessibility to the goniometer
Explorer is a multipurpose – Theta Theta XRD – high resolution diffractometer. Direct drive torque motors offer top performances in analytical areas like phase analysis for determination of microstructural properties on bulk or thin film materials.
Modular design with wide range of accessories and attachments allows EXPLORER to perform measurements in wide range configurations like
- Traditional X-Ray Powder Diffraction (XPD)
- Reflectometry (XRR)
- Grazing Incidence X-Ray Diffraction (GIXRD)
- High Resolution X-Ray Diffraction (HRXRD)
- Total X-Ray Fluorescence (TXRF)
- Residual Stress and Texture X-Ray Diffraction.
The modularity and the flexibility of the GNR X-Ray Explorer
allows to start with an entry-level system which can be upgraded later to meet
new challenges. GNR could supply a wide range of X-ray sources, optics, sample
holders, detectors and configurations to satisfy all the analytical needs.
With no limits to its applications Explorer modular system offers high performances in all analytical areas ranging from phases quantification of mixtures, to the determination of microstructural properties as residual stress and preferred orientation of crystallites on bulk materials as well as on thin films.
- Double safety circuits
- Three predefined measuring circle diameters: 400, 500, 600 mm
- All components can be exchanged quickly and without extra alignment
- Brilliant X-ray sources, glass and ceramic tubes plus parabolic mirror
- Rotatable line/point focus tube shield without disconnecting cables
- Interchangeable Soller slits
- Adjustable mechanical or motorized slits
- Reflection/transmission spinner
- Capillary spinner sample holder
- Parallel beam optics using parabolic monochromators
- XRR and GID with incident and diffracted parallel beam
- HRXRD with 4-bounce channel-cut Ge monochromators
- SAXS analysis with transmission sample holder and fast multi strip 1D, 2D detectors
- Scintillation counters, silicon drift detectors (SDD), multi strip linear and area detectors (1D, 2D)
- CeleriX multi strip linear detectors in 0D-mode and tilted by 90°
- Monocapillary and polycapillary collimators for high speed and high intensity texture analysis
- Z – Rx/Ry – Phi multipurpose sample holder
- Compact Eulerian Cradle for both iso (omega) and side (psi) inclination modes
- Versatile compact XYZ stage piezo motors