Atomic Emission Detector
Atomic Emission Detector for GC AED III
JAS AED III is the only commercially available Atomic Emission Detector for gas chromatography. A single JAS AED can be used instead of several element-specific systems for routine analyses.
The AED allows you to detect a great number of specific elements within any volatile compound (except helium, the carrier gas) at picogram level sensitivity. Sophisticated Multielement Detection moves from the Research to the Routine Laboratory
- Matrix independent
- FIVE times more sensitive than GC-FID for Carbon
- FIVE times more sensitive with higher linearity than GC-FPD for Sulfur
- More sensitive than GC-MS in SCAN mode
- More selective than GC-NPD and GC-ECD in complex sample matrices.
- Much versatile than GC-SCD.
- Sensitive Universal and Selective Element Detection for Routine and Research Analyses
- Snapshot Capabilities
- Selectively detect compounds containing any of over 20 pre-set elements, including organo-metallic species and compounds labelled with stable isotopes.
- Automatically profile a sample by sequencing detection of any number of elements in the sample.
- Calibrate with any readily available compound containing the element
- Analyse higher-boiling compounds with operation up to 450°C.
- Conduct trace-level analyses
A single GC-AED system can replace multiple dedicated GC systems that use element-specific detectors for analyzing various refinery process streams. The JAS AED transports sophisticated research capabilities into a reliable, cost effective instrument that is easy to use and maintain-ideal for both routine QA/QC and research laboratories. JAS AED as a universal element detector can be used as a screening tool for target and unknown compound analyses with unmatched precision.
To search for the presence of an element in a chromatographic peak, an emission spectra “snapshot” helps to provide the answer. JAS AED can save a snapshot of the entire wavelength range where the photodiode array is positioned.
Modularized design for convenient maintenance or repair. JAS AED is reliable instrument with minimal downtime. Smaller size to fit any workbench.
Optimizing Process Operations while meeting targed Impurity Levels.
The GC-AED system is much faster than physical distillation of feedstocks to determine the temperature distributions of targeted elements. The system provides this information for a wide range of elements, including sulfur, nitrogen, and metals as well as underlying hydrocarbon content – the only GC detector system with this capability.
Antimony● Lead ● Chlorine ● Phosphorus ● Carbon (13) ● Iodine ● Tellurium ● Argon ● Manganese ● Deuterium ● Selenium ● Carbon ● Oxygen ● Tin ● Hydrogen ● Arsenic ● Mercury ● Fluor ● Silicon ● Vanadium ● Iron ● Nitrogen (14) ● Nitrogen (15) ● Boron ● Nickel ● Germanium ● Sulfur ● Xenon ● Krypton ● Carbon (12) ● Bromine
Antimony ● Arsenic ● Carbon (12) ● Carbon (13) ● Carbon ● Germanium ● Iodine ● Nitrogen ● Oxygen ● Phosphorus ● Selenium ● Silicon ● Sulfur