Portable Residual Stress Analyzer SpiderX Edge
Portable Residual Stress Analyzer SpiderX
SpiderX – EDGE: Residual Stress + Retained austenite and smallest theta/theta diffractometer.
Portable Residual Stress Analyzer GNR SpiderX Edge is compliant with ASTM E915, UNI EN 15305 (residual stress standard practices) and ASTM E975 – 13 (retained-austenite standard practice).
It is easy to use, at the same time, it will be able to cover the most demanding requirements.
- Manual Z stage for accurate laser-assisted positioning
- 90° maximum rotation for horizontal positioning of the goniometer
- 90° maximum rotation for instrument inclination
- Motorized X-ray tube and X-ray detector with movements independent to each other.
- Laser for precise alignment of the goniometer
- Psi (ψ) / 2-Theta (ϑ) goniometer
- Phi (ϕ) rotation
- SpiderX – Edge does not require water cooling for the X-ray tube.
- Non-destructive analysis of any dimensions sample for indoor and outdoor analysis.
- Battery / UPS
- Main unit (power supply, control unit)
SpiderX-Edge is the smallest Theta/Theta X-ray diffractometer. It allows users to perform reliable residual stress and retained austenite measurements on production samples and specimens. SpiderX-Edge can be used to investigate alloys structure and phase composition.
The instrument is compliant with ASTM E915, UNI EN 15305 (residual stress standard practices) and ASTM E975 – 13 (retained-austenite standard practice).
SpiderX-Edge includes everything needed taking advantage of its portability and lightness for making residual stress and retained austenite measurements by X-ray diffraction in a portable manner.
SpiderX-Edge is designed to be a fast and dependable solution for Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices in the manufacturing process for both laboratories and field use.
In the standard version, SpiderX – Edge measuring head mounted on a robust aluminium structure that holds the XRD goniometer, detector, X-ray tube and laser. The frame design allows all the necessary movements to maximize the analytical performances of the unit. It can ensure 4 degrees of freedom with Z, Phi and two inclinations. A separate control box is available to mount all related controls.
The system can operate with a standard electrical power supply as well as by batteries. SpiderX – Edge does not require water cooling for the X-ray tube.
GNR proprietary software for SpiderX-Edge supports all tasks from analysis, Data Acquisition. The software has complete control over the process and hardware settings (generator and tube, detector, measurements set up) for Data Analysis, calculating the residual stress or retained austenite values.
An extremely easy to use software for Uni-axial, Bi-axial and Tri-axial residual stress analysis developed in compliance with ASTM E915 practice and UNI EN 15305.
Safety assurance – GNR SpiderX Edge complies with the statutory requirements regarding X-ray, machine and electrical safety. Maximum X-ray safety with radiation level significantly below the annual dose limit for the public (1 mSv/year) following ANSI N43.3 – 1993 and other industry standards for open beam X-ray operation.
- Residual Stress, Retained austenite, Portable theta/theta diffractometer.
- Methods : ASTM E915, UNI EN 15305 (residual stress standard practices) and ASTM E975 – 13 (retained-austenite standard practice).
- Smallest Theta/Theta X-ray diffractometer
- X-ray tube and X-ray detectors move independently on the goniometer from 45 to 170°, no more at one fixed angle 156°.
- Automatic scan for retained austenite measurement without the need to place detectors at right angles anymore.
- Robust, stable and flexible measuring head assembly