Orbis AirSTAR Cold Filter Plugging Point tester
Automatic CFPP analyzer AirSTAR
Methods: EN 116, IP 309, ASTM D6371, JIS K2288, EN 16329 (linear cooling method)
Orbis AirSTAR Cold filter plugging point tester with built-in cooling and all aspects and parts required for Cold Filter Plugging Point testing are housed inside the CFPP Head.
- Vacuum system measures and controls the (negative) pressure in real-time
- Ability to store the actual-used vacuum per each aspiration.
- Laser lights ensure accurate detection of the sample
- The pipette lock ensures that the pipette sits securely within the detection zone.
- The smart self-adjusting algorithm deal with condensation in the bottom.
- Easy to install PT-100 thermometer with built-in memory to hold unique ID and calibration data.
- Low chance of pipette breakage.
- Easy cleaning of the pipette using Cleaning-Docking station.
- The CFPP Head is powered via induction when placed in the ColdBlock or the Cleaning-Docking Station.
- Cold block and cleaning station detects the head used automatically.
Airstar Automatic Cold Filter Plugging Point analyzer (CFPP) with built in cooling .
Cold Block is AirSTAR’s cooling system that requires no external chiller even when cooling down to -105˚C.
- Stirling cooler
AirSTAR’s ColdBlock is efficient and powerful based on the free-piston Stirling cooler principle. Homogeneous cooling of the bath jacket by special-designed heat pipe technology.
The CFPP Head contains all parts required for the CFPP test
- Test jar
- Temperature probe (click-insert) + chip for calibration memory
- Filter unit, Filter holder & filter (45 μm mesh)
- Vacuum pump (microprocessor controlled) + pressure sensor
- Laser beam sample detectors
- Wireless power supply (from the ColdBlock / Cleaning-Docking station)
- Wireless data communication with iPad (secured local network)
- Built-in iPad with in-house iLabCB app makes the operation easy.
- Along with easy navigation, the app includes:
- Pre-installed and customisable methods.
- A unique insight into test behaviour:
- Vacuum profile per every single CFPP aspiration
- Anomalous aspiration highlight
- “Not empty before next” highlight (CFPP-2)
- Results options include export to LIMS / Windows PC or print PDF/kiosk printer. With the 16Gb iPad, unlimited results storage.
- App- & firmware updates are always available free of charge.
- AirSTAR delivered with pre-installed methods for standard cooling profiles as prescribed in the corresponding test methods for Cold Filter Plugging Point.
- The ColdBlock can do both stepped cooling profiles (traditional) and Linear cooling profiles. For instance, in the EN16329 CFPP method where the unit cools down at 30˚C/h.
- Can create any form of a Custom cooling profile. From a simple “1-step at -90˚C” to a complex multi-step profile with heating, cooling and even linear steps.
- The ColdBlock uses wireless power technology that supplies power to the CFPP head and recognises the Head in use.