Sniffing Port for Identification of Smell Olfactometer
JAS Olfactometer is a sniff detector for gas chromatography. It allows the operator to use his nose to identify single odors as they elute from the analytical column.
- Flexible transfer line for an ideal personal height adjustment for the user
- Heated effluent path to prevent condensation of compounds
- Ergonomically optimized nose piece prevents condensation on the inside or outside of the nose piece
- Pusher/slider combination to mark olfactory events by appearance, intensity or duration
- Embedded into GC ChemStation, MSD ChemStation and EzChrom
- Optional EPC – to change flows and humidify the nose
- Includes humidifier
In gas chromatographic analyses flame ionization detectors (FID), thermal conductivity detectors (TCD) or mass spectrometers (MSD) are often used for compound detection. In olfactory analysis, the human nose is used as additional detector.
The JAS Olfactometer is a sniff detector for gas chromatography. It allows the operator to use his nose to identify single odours as they elute from the analytical column. Olfactory events are digitally recorded by intensity and duration. This allows the user to identify single odours in complex smells.
After separation on the analytical column the effluent is split and simultaneously guided to a detector (FID, TCD or MSD) and the nose piece of the JAS Olfactometer.
- Comes pre-installed on the GC side panel
- Compatible with Agilent 7890/6890 GCs,
- Compatible with Agilent GC and MSD ChemStation
- Provides a comfortable operating position due to a height adjustable nose piece