JAS NGA - Natural Gas Analyzer
Turnkey Solution for Natural Gas Analysis JAS NGA
JAS Natural Gas Analyzer – A prime turnkey system for determination of natural gas composition and for calculation of BTU and gas properties.
Methods : GPA 2261; ASTM D 1945; GPA 2186, GPA 2286
- Turnkey solution — guaranteed application as custom-made solution to analyze one of followings: Natural Gas, Liquefied Petroleum Gas or Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)
- Automatic calculation of gas properties (e.g. BTU, specific gravity) and report generation at the end of an analysis (fully integrated into the Agilent ChemStation)
- Operational procedures are fully documented – the analyzer not only incorporates proven GC hardware and software, but arrives also with the pre-loaded analysis method(s), documentation, and a calculation model specific to the application
- Flexibility to analyze natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas or natural gas liquids (NGL)
- Rugged and easy to maintain
- ISO 6974 upon request
JAS – NGA Turnkey Natural gas Analyzer
The natural gas used by consumers consists mainly of methane with some C2-C6 hydrocarbon and permanent gas impurities.
However, raw natural gas may come from different sources, oil wells, gas wells and condensate wells, and is not pure when initially produced. The natural gas composition also differs depending on the source. To analyze different natural gas compositions accurately, various natural gas analyzer configurations are required.
The JAS Natural Gas Analyzer can be configured for the analysis of each type of natural gas and is compliant with all common used natural gas methods, like GPA 2261, GPA 2186, GPA 2286, ASTM D 1945, ISO 6974 etc.
Based on a modular concept, various configurations are available:
- With backflush, C6+ or C7+ early backflush grouping, user selectable
- Extended natural gas analysis, up to C16 or higher
- A combination of above
- Additional helium/hydrogen channel or additional channel for sulphur analysis
The JAS Natural Gas Analyzer is a multi-channel analyzer based on the Agilent 8890 GC, and can be equipped with two Thermal Conductivity Detectors (TCD’s), one Flame Ionization Detector (FID) and a JAS ValveBox. This valve box includes the sampling and columns witching valves and may accommodate (micro-) packed columns too.
Depending on the type of natural gas to be analyzed, or the method to follow, each channel is fully independent and designed to determine the concentration of all permanent gases, including hydrogen, hydrogen sulfide and the individual hydrocarbon components and a single analysis.
The parallel set-up of the channels allows to run these channels simultaneously.
JAS has various options available to adapt and extend the JAS Natural Gas Analyzer to your specific application(s):
- Liquid sampling valves for LPG sampling
- JAS BTU Software for automatic calculation of the preferred physical properties after each analysis
- GICU, the Gas Injection Control Unit.
The GICU is a “state of the art” loop filling manager, which delivers reproducible results for gaseous matrices with variable pressures.